Back to careers
Under the direct supervision of a Licensed Professional Engineer, Landscape Architect, or Land Surveyor, prepares and designs detailed construction drawings as well as related maps/exhibits used in planning and construction of civil engineering projects using computer aided design/drafting software.
Essential Duties / Responsibilties
- Excels working in a team environment to produce engineering plans and documents meeting the project goals and objectives.
- Successfully completes assigned design tasks based on direction given.
- Identifies potential conflicts, issues or other problems and develops solution recommendations to present to Project Manager.
- Thoroughly monitors and reviews own work for accuracy and completeness.
- Follows standard procedure for quality assurance, such as standardized checklists, for each document.
- Works quickly and efficiently to maintain production goals and complete assignments on time.
- Strives to continue learning new technologies and methods associated with current design trends.
Minimum Experience/Skill Requirements
- Proficient in specialized civil design applications for AutoCAD and/or MicroStation software.
- Proficient in other widely used computer applications (i.e., Microsoft Office).
Basic knowledge of computer file directories and use.
- Knowledge of standard civil construction plans, details and related documents.
- Fundamental understanding of a variety of basic civil engineering, landscape architecture, and/or land surveying principles and design procedures including but not limited to: drainage, pipe hydraulics, storm water detention, roadway and pavement layout and grading, earthwork computations, water and wastewater systems, storm water pollution prevention, irrigation systems, landscape and hardscape plans, topographic surveys, boundary surveys, easement documents, etc.
- Able to assist in the preparation of construction quantity and cost estimates.
- Able to prepare instructions for field construction staking of designs.
- Able to write basic reports and correspondence.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience as a CAD Technician (or equivalent).
Minimum Registration/Education Requirements
- High school graduate or GED High School Equivalency Diploma.