Senior Technician (Engineering)
Back to careers
Under the direct supervision of a Licensed Professional Engineer, requiring minimal supervision, uses current computer aided design and drafting applications to prepare detailed construction drawings, maps, exhibits, estimates, schedules and other documents used in planning and construction of civil engineering projects.
Essential Duties / Responsibilties
- Excels at working in a team environment to produce engineering plans and documents meeting the project goals and objectives.
- Prepares complete sets of construction documents for the project based on conceptual designs provided by the Project Manager, with minimal supervision required.
- Identifies potential conflicts, issues or other problems and develops solution recommendations to present to Project Manager.
- Thoroughly monitors and reviews own work for accuracy and completeness.
- Utilizes project tools such as standardized checklists for each document to maximize quality assurance.
- Works quickly and efficiently to maintain production goals and complete assignments on time.
- Strives to continue learning new technologies and methods associated with current design trends.
- Assists with training new hires in Pacheco Koch CAD Standards.
Minimum Experience/Skill Requirements
- Mastery of specialized civil design applications for AutoCAD and/or MicroStation software.
- Proficient in other widely used computer applications (i.e., Microsoft Office).
- Able to prepare 100% Construction Documents based on supplied conceptual design with minimal supervision.
- Thorough understanding of a wide variety of basic civil engineering principles and design procedures, including but not limited to: drainage, pipe and open channel hydraulics, stormwater detention, roadway and pavement layout and grading, earthwork computations, water and wastewater systems, pumping systems, stormwater pollution prevention, traffic control, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to prepare construction quantities and cost estimates.
- Has experience in verbal and written communications with clients, design professionals and public agencies.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a civil engineering technician (or equivalent).
Minimum Registration/Education Requirements
- High school graduate or GED High School Equivalency Diploma.