Senior Project Manager (Surveying)
Back to careers
Takes responsible charge and coordinates work activities for multiple large and/or complex surveying projects simultaneously. Independently directs work activities of assigned personnel and coordinates various project tasks with other departments, clients, independent consultants and review authorities.
Essential Duties / Responsibilties
- Takes responsible charge for surveying duties associated with multiple large and complex projects.
- Effectively leads the survey team throughout completion of the project including both in-house personnel and outside consultants when applicable.
- Successfully completes projects within given schedule and budget goals
- Carefully reviews all work for quality assurance.
- Meets appropriate profitability goals with established utilization rates.
- Takes responsibility for the enhancement of the job satisfaction as well as the professional development of assigned personnel.
- Maintains communications with the client to ensure satisfaction and confidence.
- Demonstrates increased role in company marketing effort to obtain new clients.
- Actively performs other tasks to benefit the overall company efficiency and work environment.
- Coordinates with client / Principal / Associate Principal / Internal Survey Department to develop fee proposals, including scope of work, compensation, schedule for medium and large projects.
- Takes on a larger role in firm wide marketing efforts.
- Performs all project billing, collections and job cost analysis.
- May be asked to participate in organizational committees under the direction of Principal / Associate Principal
- Effectively manages up to six (6) assigned personnel including:
– Assigns and oversees project assignments
– Reviews work for accuracy and completeness
– Promotes professional development
– Maintains job satisfaction and morale
– Assists with performance evaluations
– Recommends compensation adjustments and/or promotions
Minimum Experience/Skill Requirements
- Demonstrates competence in required areas of land surveying, both basic and advanced.
- Able to develop scopes of work and project schedules to prepare complete surveying fee proposals.
- Has advanced understanding of liability as it relates to land surveying and other issues affecting the individual and the company.
- Proficient with teaching project surveying, project management and personnel management skills.
- Proven ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize current technologies and learn new techniques when available.
- Able to effectively and professionally represent the firm, client and/or design team in public or group settings.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Project Manager (or equivalent).
Minimum Registration/Education Requirements
- Registered Professional Land Surveyor by the Texas State Board of Professional Land Surveyors.
- Graduate from an accredited university or college with a Bachelor’s Degree in Land Surveying (experience or degrees in other disciplines may be substituted at Management’s discretion).