Project Manager I (Engineering)
Back to careers
Under the direct supervision of a Licensed Professional Engineer (unless already licensed), performs design and comprehensive project technical management for numerous engineering projects of low to medium complexity while effectively leading a limited number of assigned technical personnel.
Essential Duties / Responsibilties
- Uses good time management methods and habits to meet schedule requirements.
- Uses developed organizational skills to deliver projects efficiently and thoroughly.
- Effectively uses current computer aided design and production software to maximize efficiency of project delivery.
- Takes proactive role to enhance the professional development of assigned personnel.
- Creates and maintains a positive environment and team approach for all assignments.
- Actively performs other tasks as assigned, or as individually identified, to benefit the overall company efficiency and work environment.
- Protects the well-being of the client and the company at all times.
- Effectively utilizes and implements the company’s QA/QC Policy.
- Successfully manages and designs numerous civil engineering projects of low to medium complexity.
- Performs all project billing, collections and job cost analysis to maximize project profitability while maintaining quality of project deliverables.
Performs manpower projections and staffing management for multiple tasks or projects to maximize profitability while quality of project deliverables.
Maintains effective communications with multiple design teams, other design consultants, Internal Survey Department (re: schedules, deliverables and billings) and other appropriate parties, both verbal and written.
- Effectively manages up to three (3) assigned technical personnel including:
– Assigns and oversees project assignments
– Reviews work for accuracy and completeness
– Promotes professional development
– Maintains job satisfaction and morale
– Assists with performance evaluations
– Recommends compensation adjustments and/or promotions
Minimum Experience/Skill Requirements
- Demonstrates competence in fundamental civil engineering design principles with a designated area of practice; cost estimating; bid phase assistance; construction administration and
general construction methods.
- Demonstrates proficiency with current computer aided design and production software and ability to learn new versions of technology.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a Project Engineer (or equivalent).
Minimum Registration/Education Requirements
- Certified Engineer-in-Training by the Texas State Board of Professional Engineers.
- Graduate from an accredited university or college with a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (experience or degrees in other disciplines may be substituted at Management’s discretion).