Back to careers
Under the direct supervision of a Licensed Professional Engineer, performs basic civil engineering design and limited project coordination tasks as assigned. Works cooperatively as part of an engineering team to produce detailed construction drawings, exhibits, models and computations.
Essential Duties / Responsibilties
- Successfully performs basic civil engineering design on various engineering projects as assigned.
- Uses good time management methods and habits to meet schedule requirements.
- Uses developed organizational skills to complete assignments efficiently and thoroughly.
- Effectively uses current computer aided design and production software to maximize efficiency of production.
- Contributes to a positive environment and team approach for all assignments.
- Protects the interests and well-being of the client and the company at all times.
- Maintains effective communications, both verbal and written, with other engineering team members, surveying department personnel, other design consultants and other appropriate parties.
Minimum Experience/Skill Requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of the basic design principles associated with civil engineering including, but not limited to: hydraulics, hydrology, soil mechanics, structural design, environmental design and land surveying.
- Proficient in current computer aided design and production software and ability to learn new versions of technology.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and efficiently in verbal and written form.
Minimum Registration/Education Requirements
- Certified Engineer-in-Training by the Texas State Board of Professional Engineers.
- Graduate from an accredited university or college with a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (experience or degrees in other disciplines may be
substituted at Management’s discretion).